Saturday, January 7, 2006

First steps in the Blogosphere

I've been debating for a few months on the value of blogging about my industry and whether or not I should jump into the big pond. So here I am now, writing my first blog...
I'm the director of industry marketing for the telecommunication group at Sun (bio). This industry is at a critical crossroad and will be instrumental in accelerating the next wave of innovation. Don't take my word for it, but read my blog and you'll see why.
We have entered the participation age, telecommunication is one of the industries that will benefit the most from it. What better media than a blog to share this vision with my "community" ?
In this blog I'll discuss trends and challenges in telecom (OSS/BSS, VoIP, IMS, Wireless, FMC), how telcos can benefit from it, and how Sun is driving some of the initiatives behind it.